How to become a Mentor or Mentee
One of the advantages that a PAVRO membership can provide in offering a mentor program is the ability to connect with the expertise and experience of a strong core of Volunteer Engagement Professional from across the province. All of the participants who have successfully completed their partnerships have recommended the program. Read some of the mentee and mentor testimonials.
As a mentee you can:
View mentee role description
- Increase confidence and ability to perform your role
- Develop additional skills and knowledge
- Benefit from personalized, one-on-one support from an experienced professional
- Develop breadth and depth of skills
- Broaden your network and reduce isolation
- Help define future goals
As a mentor you can:
View mentor role description
- Engage in and give back to your professional community
- Further develop your leadership and coaching skills in supporting others
- Support and guide a colleague
- Realize personal satisfaction through sharing knowledge, skills and experience
- Raise your profile within your organization
- Build your resume even more
- Use 10 points (to a maximum of 20) toward leadership if you are looking to become certified
There are many factors that contribute to a positive mentor/mentee relationship. We ask that you consider the following before applying for the mentor program.
Each application will be assessed on an individual basis to ensure the applicant’s goals align with the goals of the mentor program. For applicants where the management of volunteers is a percentage of their role / responsibilities, there must be a demonstrated commitment to meeting the Mentor Program requirements. Mentors and mentees must have the support from their employers / supervisors to commit to the program particularly if the partners will be scheduling meetings during business hours.
Mentees: Please complete the application by December 1st, 2021
Mentors: Returning Mentors, if you have been a mentor in the past and would like to be considered for a mentor position for 2022, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. New Mentors, if you are considering become a mentor for the first time, please complete the application by December 1st, 2021.
PAVRO Mentor Program Committee Member
Are you interested in becoming a Mentor Program committee member? We are looking for committee members to ensure the continued success of the Mentor Program. If you are interested in program review, process improvement and working collaboratively with other members in the field of Volunteer Management, this committee may be for you. Experience as a mentee or mentor would be an asset, but is not a requirement. View Mentor Program Committee Member role Description