PAVRO Mentorship Program
Administrators and Managers of volunteers and volunteer programs work in fast paced environments where we manage multiple tasks, responsibilities and challenges. Although there are many resources available to us, connecting with colleagues within our profession is invaluable.
The PAVRO Mentor Program is open to all PAVRO members! It provides a unique opportunity to expand your learning by way of group support or one-to-one support to further develop skills or knowledge base. It is not intended to replace local communication groups or information portals on volunteer management issues or assist with a job search.
The guiding principles of the PAVRO Mentor Program are:
- To provide the opportunity for knowledge sharing and consultation in a supportive environment
- To foster meaningful relationships
- To encourage the contribution and sharing of expertise, insights and learning from experienced professionals in the field of volunteer management
- To help build capacity and retention in the profession of volunteer management
Mentorship Program for 2024
The Mentorship Program has two streams, both designed for PAVRO members with an appetite to connect with colleagues in the field of volunteer management.
- the Mentor stream provides an opportunity to be paired with a colleague to work on a detailed topic or project. You may be the Mentee, looking to learn from someone more experienced in a certain aspect of volunteer management, or a Mentor, interesting in sharing your expertise in a specific area. If you would like more information about becoming a Mentor, or Mentee, please visit PAVRO - How to become involved with the 1:1 Mentor Program or reach out to the Mentorship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mentorship Moments are the other stream. the PAVRO Mentorship Committee is pleased to let you know that we are planning to increase the number of Mentorship Moments in 2024. Last year we offered 3 sessions, in 2024 we are doubling that to offer 6 sessions! We know that your time as leaders of volunteers is a precious resource, so we will be letting you know the topics ahead of time so that you can decide which ones you’d like to attend (though we hope to see you out at all of them).
We are also simplifying things by scheduling the sessions every other month on the 2nd Tuesday of the month from 10:00-11:00am. 2024 sessions will occur in February, April, June, August, October, and December.
Topics will vary based on interests expressed or trends occurring in the field of volunteer management, and be provided to members in the weeks leading up to each session along with the Zoom link to join the meeting.
If you have suggestions for future Mentorship Moments sessions please contact the Mentorship Committee at email@example.com.